Saturday, September 15, 2007

the cloud's clearing a little now

Things are getting better, a little by little. The French couple I'm staying with are amazing. Even though they're quite young, still studying but here on summer break, they are quite an interesting bunch to talk to. Only got to know them some months back when I was staying with Au while job hunting in Tokyo, but they've already welcomed me and made me feel at home.

Am journalling quite a bit as well. Was encouraged by Alex to start it again since I lost touch with it back in IUJ. It helps to keep the threads of thoughts from floating aimlessly in my head, and I'm sure many years down the read, make good reading when I look back at all the insanity that has been going on.

Was talking to Eewei and didn't realise that we have a lot more in common than I thought. It always helps to have someone gone down similar paths but have come out of it wiser and humbled. I think perhaps that will be the result of my miseries this phase in my life.

I've also gotten a temporary accomodation with Sakura House, a popular housing agency serving the foreign population here. I took up their guest house, but am planning only for while as it is quite expensive, even though utilities and internet are included. Will be taking over Bryan's room when he goes back to Canada. The ones I saw earlier that day were ok, but didn't seem as appealing as the one at Sendagaya since it was quite convenient and had many restaurants around the area.

That same evening, I was asked to join a meeting with the company. Managed to meet the Asst Manager, and was updated on some of the projects they were working on. Was also given some tasks to start familiarising myself with what's going on. At least I have something to keep me busy, now that I've gotten a temp aprt and my flight ticket's confirmed too.

Yes, I will be coming home this coming Monday. Flight transits through KB for 2 hours, but I should be touching down KLIA 2200 hours if all goes well. I am really looking forward for a break before I start work proper. I hope to be able to meet up with those I missed the last trip. And oh, my number's still the same if you wanna drop me a line ya :)

No comments: