Tuesday, August 02, 2011

bird on the gate

It's interesting how God speaks when you least expect Him to. Especially after I've ranted about how He has been silent in the midst of my struggles.

To make sure I know He's listening and responding, yesterday's ODB reading was about doing good regardless. I was actually rushing to leave for work when a tiny prompt reminded me I have yet to do my Bible reading.

I couldn't help but be amused when the verses Luke 6:27-36 came to view on my Bible.

While I was getting into the car, the sight of the neighbourhood bird perched on the gate caught my attention. It was the first time I had noticed that, I took it as a little cheer-me-up from God to remind me that if He is able to feed the birds of the air, whatmore will He do to take care of my very needs.

4 comments:

ee said...

:)

"If you're going through hell, keep moving" - Winston Churchill.

Not that I think you are going through that. But I do sense that the dark sky is lightening ever so little. Keep pressing forward. I sense you will at some point see the lightening of the skies yourself, and you'll start to breath easier, and the colours will start peeking at you. I don't know when, but I know you will. Keep pressing onwards and forwards.

classyadele said...

now im konfiused la.... cryptic la u woman. Are u talking about a boy or work now? *quizzical expression*

feichai said...

I can sense that your heart & soul is in Japan and your physical self is in KL. God provides abundance - maybe you just weren't asking for the right things :D Take care!

§nóflèk said...

ee : really appreciate you for being my lifeline and nudging me when i thought all hope is lost. i guess you understand better since you're coming out of it yourself. it's all i can do to hold on and trust in His unfailing love. it's starting to affect my health that's why i'm expressing concern...

classyadele : stewpik werk (T.T). got any openings in anzac ka? and i'm serious.

feichai : er, funny you said that coz i feel i'm neither here nor there .. :p how's you and family btw? :)