Friday, August 29, 2014

no words for being awed

Even though I'm at the brink of strangling someone, and the project's at a risk of falling apart if not for the fact that it's being held together very gingerly and pushing ahead almost like a headless chicken, God decided to throw another ball for me to juggle.

Having not hosted anyone for some time, I was anxious that my crib might not be comfortable enough for my guest, especially one I have yet to meet! A missionary based in the Tohoku region which was hit by the 2011 earthquake-tsunami-nuclear plant meltdown triple whammy, Lee Sin was introduced by Bro Ong some time back. He grumbled that we did not want to meet when back in Malaysia. I had the pleasure of hosting her last week before she went southwards to Hiroshima.

I was really encouraged as it's been a long time since I met a fellow Malaysian! We exchanged stories about our experiences in Japan, how we came to the land of the rising sun, and laughed over how staple Milo was to our diet.


Wanting to bless her with hospitality, instead it was I who ended up being blessed by these gifts. I told her I'd pass on the blessings to those who need it more.


Yesterday, a Malaysian grrl from the vendor team came over to stay. Even though we weren't working together, I was glad there was another Malaysian in the company. We were able to share stories from our consulting background, and confided in each other the joys and pains of working in a Japanese environment. (I'll never forget her comment : you amaze me a lot - very strong, determine and independent)

Chyn had just moved to her new apartment but wasn't feeling comfortable and had trouble sleeping, so I offered her my sofa bed to bunk in. The next day she told me she felt happy because she had not been able to sleep all week.



I was really surprised she left me with a bottle of wine. I told her it would be too luxurious for me to enjoy it myself, so I invited her to come over another day for some makan session.

Sometimes I have no words to say when I think of how He amazes me amidst my feeling down and lonely. Maybe it's just PMS, but I'm awed and humbled nevertheless.

No comments: