Wednesday, February 02, 2005

extreme rollercoaster

My life almost turned me upside down last Wednesday. I thought I was going to be out of a job. From feelings of shock, surprise and disappointment, it gradually turned to frustration and uncertainty, and unexpectedly ended on a high note of bliss this week.

I found out that my faithful roommate of 4 years left me a glowing testimonial on Friendster. I really didn't expect that from her, knowing how frequent she logged in. It was really sweet stuff, and something to cheer me up, after what has happened. The fact that she didn't know what I was going through made it all the sweeter.

Boss gave appraisal after that, and I found out I was in a "good" quadrant, even though the scores didn't state so. None of us know where we stand performance-wise, and the scores don't translate directly into our performance reviews. But a colleague and I swapped insider tips, and found out :D

Then later that night, some friends who were playing futsal in the neighbourhood gave a surprise ring and asked me out for supper. Met up with more new people from their church, and had pretty good chats over ice lemon tea and ikan bakar.

And today, while driving to work, I received an sms from a friend who hardly calls. He said he missed my verbiage, but missed me more la. haha.. Well, I messaged him back and said his thoughtful message came at the right time.

So, all the bad things that happened last week were balanced by a multiple of good things this week.

Ah yes, a case of extreme emotional rollercoaster. These are the things that make up life. If not, it would have been boring, ya :)

Well, I can't say much at the moment, nothing's come to me in black & white yet. But I must say, I survived! And like He promised, He was always there for me :)

No comments: