Wednesday, May 11, 2005

my new g strings

*yay*
I've finally gotten my new strings, and they look so shiny on my guitars.

My darling friends came over the other night, and together we polished my classical and acoustic guitars. I also learnt how to take out the old strings, and put on the new glossy ones. It was exciting seeing the guitars in tip top condition (well, almost!), all shiny and looking like they've been given a new breath of life.

Gliding my fingers over the strings, I found it such joy listening to the sound it produced. So clear and bright. Unlike the dull tone it previously had. So unmotivating to practice on. Heh!

Now the songs I play somehow sound chirpier, if there ever was such a word. Like there's a bounce in the music. Livelier.

And definitely easier on the left fingers as well. Since they're new, the strings are also "gentler" on the skin. Or maybe I'm just too excited about the newness of it, unconsciously thinking everything has somehow become better and easier!

Still, it's all good, and I'm getting enthusiastic about my guitar lessons again :)

No comments: