Sunday, July 30, 2006

goodbye already?


Poy, together with Becca & Ben, received roses from Grace Chapel as part of their farewell gifts


Saying goodbye is never easy, not even if you have to go through it as often as I do. This morning we sent Poy off back to the Philippines. We had a farewell dinner for him at Emiko's the night before. It was really fun being with the guys from cell group. I always feel that I can be myself and not having to worry if I will be judged for being less than perfect.


Gene & Rey, the other 2 Filipino guys whose personalities have made the cell group a fun place to be


It was a good time of fellowship, even though everyone looked so gloomy at first. But when we started eating and tummies got filled, it was like a normal cell gathering. I cooked my special chicken (though I can't say if it's truly Malaysian coz I created this recipe in Japan!) and my all time favourite - potato salad. The Filipinos made meatballs and Emiko prepared okonomiyake.


Okonomiyake - a type of Japanese pancake where almost anything goes. Here, soba is cooked with prawn & vege batter, topped with egg, some oyster saucish sauce, oodles of mayo, dried fish and pickles


Soon, it was time for us to give our little speeches to Poy - special memories and words of encouragement. Even though I probably knew him the shortest, I still had to control myself from tearing up. Listening to the rest share their stories gave me an insight to the guy who left an impact in their lives. I wished time would just slow down then.


The banana chocolate cake Emiko made for Poy. Apparently, one of her best creations so far. Without a doubt, I must say!


Like the rest, I hope that our paths will cross soon. After all, Philippines is just next door to Malaysia. I pray for God's continued blessings and protection over your life as you start afresh in your home country. As for the rest of us, it's back to reality as we go back to classes and labs tomorrow. But this I can be assured of, even though physical distance separates us, it is God's love that binds and brings us together.



Miss you lots! sniff sniff...

No comments: