Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the one with the whirwind tour

Whew! Just got back from a whirwind tour of Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto over the weekend. We had the Umi No Hi ("Sea Day") holiday on Monday, and decided quite spontaneously to go for a trip down south.

Going there with somewhat minimal expectations, the trip turned out to be really fruitful as we had glimpses of what these 3 cities have to offer, and I must say, I came back really impressed. Now Niigata looks drab in comparison hahahah!

Taking the bullet train down cut down travelling time by half, but made up half of our expenses. Nevertheless, taking the shinkansen is all about buying time.

I know, I havent even finished my Aizu Wakamatsu post, and now I have more things to write! :p Anyways, here's a shot I took of a grrl in kimono doing her nails in the train. It's quite common to see Jap grrls groom themselves (check their hair, put on make up, look at the mirror) in public places such as these.



Poor thing, she must've took a lot of effort painting her nails coz she fell asleep shortly after that. I hope she doesn't stumble upon my blog and find out about this!

No comments: