Tuesday, October 10, 2006

snapshots from hokkaido 3


Our trusty rented bicycles brought us to rural Hokkaido. Lots of flat plain areas flanked by mountains in the horizon. The ride back was pretty hot. Should've worn a sleeveless. My efforts to get an even tan was almost successful back in Tokyo, but since I expected Hokkaido to be cooler, I didn't bring my tank top along.


You can tell that my travels are one big gastronomic adventure. That's the 3rd bowl of ramen I've eaten in Hokkaido. And I don't even like ramen! But I just had to try. Bragging rights haha. Having a chunk of creamy butter in your ramen soup just adds another dimention to the taste. I really think if you can make your own ramen, it's not that hard to replicate the Hokkaido ramen experience.




Our next stop was the Furano Wine Factory. Different breeds of grapes can be found here. We tasted some red wine, and a little of the more fruity white variety. Too bad the cheese factory wasn't near the wine factory. Oh, the combination of wine and cheese - yummy! But thank goodness for that, I'd have indulged more than I should.


This was one of the last few pictures I took before heading back to the station. If only we'd stayed back a little later, the sky would have turned into a glorious watercolour mix of purple, gold and chrome. Now that would've been picture perfect.

No comments: