Wednesday, October 04, 2006

snapshots from hokkaido

Since I'm basically packed with almost-twice-daily meetings for the Innovation Challenge project, I thought I should just do mini posts for the moment. Taking Ebiz at 11 credits, Intermediate Japanese, and trying to reply fan mails while attempting to do freelance from here can be really tough. I need a secretary. And a maid to clean up dishes.


The Sapporo television tower which looks very much like the Eiffel Tower. Rather plain looking in the day, but quite a sight at night. Located near the Odori Park which is a wide strip of greenery separating the North from the South area of Sapporo.


Ramen is not originally Japanese, but evolved from the Chinese skinny noodle (sou men), as the legend goes. But it's a huge fav for people on the go and basically anyone who loves noodles. There are different varieties of ramen in different parts of Japan. I've tried the Kyushu ramen in Osaka (how ironic) and this is the miso and pork based ramen of Hokkaido.


Otaru was where I would've lodged if I had taken a ferry up Hokkaido. But thankgoodness I didnt, coz it was a really small town. So small it warranted onli an afternoon trip there. Famous picture taking spot would be this canal which is lined by a row of really old warehouses. Lots of artists and people selling trinkets along the sidewalk.

No comments: