Thursday, October 26, 2006

yummy icecream

Sunny days are getting rarer as weather forecasts predict sporadic showers and cloudy weather. Is this what they call autumn? I don't really feel much difference from spring except that leaves are turning yellow and falling. Spring was when buds came out and transformed skeleton-looking trees into trunks with green on them.


One fine day sometime early this month, I took the opportunity to go out with some of my classmates. It was only the 2nd week into the semester but we could already feel the weight of the workload, but I thought it was gonna be now or never. So I drove them to Yummy, a favourite haunt with locals for good homemade icecream.


Since we were already out, I decided to explore the area. Even though I've been to Urasa a few times before this, I haven't been able to see what this little town had to offer. We dropped by a winery and tasted some of their white and red wine. That must've made them a little happier coz Kedar immediately bought a bottle to try.


We then walked from the vineyard to a nearby park to take somemore pictures. I still couldnt imagine this whole place being submerged in snow. For one, I've never been to a 4-season country before. I've seen snow when I first came to Urasa, but that was dirty snow melting away in May. As I thought about the prospect of being here during the long winter, I realised it was getting a little chilly so we decided to call it a day and head back to campus.

No comments: