Wednesday, December 08, 2004

my christmas gift to myself. heh!

*yay*

I finally got myself a cd/MP3 player for the car. It had been a long wait. Worth the RM380 I've saved all these while. So the first thing I did was to buy a Christmas CD. One of the many reasons why I need the player.

The original cassette player died on me about 2 years ago. I can still listen to the radio with it, but decided I should spend the many hours on the road with something more substantial than just "today's hit music" and "better music, more variety - from the 80's, 90's and now".

Drove all the way to Sri Kembangan, got Bong's church friend to install it for me for a nominal fee. He even checked my car and found a loose connection near the odometer cable. I also found out what's been causing all the creaky sound when I run over a bump and holey roads. He said it's all part of the value added services. Not bad!

The next day, I got myself the WOW Christmas CD.
WOW Christmas CD
It's quite a good buy, whatwith 30 over songs from various artists. I especially like the melancholic "Christmas Time of Year" by Sixpence None the Richer and Audio Adrenaline's funky rendition of "Little Drummer Boy".

Tested the sound, and it's pretty ok so far. I find one of the better features of this player was that it had a circular dial for volume control. Better than the up and down buttons which can prove to be quite a hassle.

So I'm all in a christmassy mood, thanks to my little purchase. Speaking of which, here's a Christmas card to all you lovely readers out there. Passing it on courtesy of jasond.

No comments: