Saturday, December 04, 2004

planet shakers rawked

Sure they did.

For 3 days, Planet Shakers had their first ever international conference here in Malaysia.

Even though I was "bleeding to death", I made myself go for the first night of rally so that I could report back to my cell leader about it. I really wanted the cell to try out something different, instead of the normal lessons we have on Friday nights. After some rounds of persuading and promo, I managed to get half of them to come with me :D

So anyways, I went on Wednesday, and again on Friday. Both times I can't help but be swept by the enthusiasm of the youth who were present. There were parents with small children as well. But mainly, a lot of the youth were so fired up for God.

These concerts and rallies are good. They almost always have great turnout, have their halls packed to the brim. Many of them get excited and their zeal can be seen on their faces and expressed in their words.

But sometimes, a lot of these are hype. Some of them end up idolising the singers or performers on stage. After the concert, there were lines of people waiting to have the stars sign their posters and cd's.

Probably explains why Hillsongs never encouraged signing of autographs. A friend who was formerly attending the Planet Shakers church in Melbourne told me this, and said he grew out of the hype and agreed that some just lose focus of the whole thing.

Again, nothing wrong with attending Christian concerts and getting all excited about them. I had my share of fun jumping and getting caught up in the whole experience. I just wished I was a whole lot fitter. :P

No comments: