Tuesday, November 09, 2004

accidentally in love

It must be the lovey-dovey season. Lots of weddings going on, especially these last few months. I find myself grinning silly at love songs playing on the radio. My custom mesg on YM gives people the (wrong) impression that I'm in love. Guys message me and ask who I'm "accidentally in love" with. I type back "you" and they either play along or laugh it off. But I eventually tell them it's a line from Counting Crows' song. Liked the catchy tune immediately when I first heard it on Shrek2.

One of my grrlfriends shocked me with a recent news during her birthday. During an intimate rendezvous with her dahling, he produced a ring and "proposed" to her. Well, I don't know the exact words which amount to a proper proposal, but I guess if a guy were to ask a girl if she would spend the rest of her life with him, it's considered a proposal, right?

Anyways, she's naturally delighted with the proposition. But he'll have to wait for 2 years. Before she can really really say yes. Gives them time to know each other better. After all, if they're really right for each other, it's worth the wait.

We had some apprehensions when she first told us about this guy. Been together for almost a year now, I'm happy for her. But something about his past and the way he came back to her made it not so right. Most of us had never met him before, so we're taken aback that he's already proposed to her. I felt as if I needed to "approve" of him first.

I don't mean to be possessive, but we go a long way back. She knows the guys who's after me, counselled them (read : leak bits of info about me) and even helped orchestrate some of their stunts. This doesn't always amuse me, but that's what girlfriends are for. So since this is the first guy she's serious about, I want to share that joy with her as well.


As for me, I'll enjoy jeff's voice the love songs for now.

No comments: