Tuesday, November 02, 2004

his name is jeff

I must be crazy. I'm falling in love with a voice whose owner I've never met.

I never expected someone like him to be working in the IT dept. Most of them are Chinese-ed, and so, have a different mindset and speak, well, differently. No offence to Chinese-ed techie guys out there, I admire the fact that they're pretty smart and have the brains to do what they're doing now.

I usually talk to NW, this grrl from IT who has been working with me on many projects. But after she resigned, I had to deal with some of the newer guys. One of them was Jeffrey, doing support.

He was involved with documentation before assigned to his current role. That explains his impeccable English. I was actually quite taken aback when I first spoke to him. His voice is just so manly. Deep and sexy. Coupled with a good command of English, I wondered to myself, "What's he doing in the IT dept??"

For all I know, I could've bumped into him anywhere in the building, but didn't know it was him I spoke to. But it doesn't really matter. It's just enough to hear his voice on the phone. It can melt any grrl's heart. Chocolate will even melt, I think.

Not only does he sound so calm and collected, but his emails are also very PR-ish. Most of the time, emails that come from that dept will have contents like "Leased-line down. Cannot surf internet." and "Leased-line up. Can surf now." But Jeff (yes, he signs off as Jeff after I reply his email) writes in complete paragraphs and in such a nice sounding way ("I hope I'm not stepping on any toes when I suggest that...", etc) that I don't mind being inconvenienced by whatever's down that time. (And I'm tempted to write back "Baby, you can step on mine anytime", then realise, what has gotten into me?!)

I have half a mind to sabotage my login id so that I will have an excuse to hear Jeff's chocolate-melting voice! Heh.

No comments: