Tuesday, April 26, 2005

of newly married couples

One of our CF friends got married recently, and I have yet to pass her her gift. So I messaged her last night about meeting up. I also asked her how was married life, now that her dreams had finally come true.

Feeling rather tired after a long weekend, I left it at that, and went to sleep.

This morning, while driving, I checked my phone and saw that she had messaged me while I was in dreamland : "To really live together with someone u love and learn to love him n let him love n pamper me is a great feeling, is the blessing!"

While I was at work, Dr Ian messaged me. He was our CF advisor (I think he still is) in MMU, one very *interesting* character who used to push himself in the swivel chair from his table to where we sat during one of my Multimedia lectures.

He was trying to send a CFMMU logo that he created to our handphones, and asked me if I received it. So while we were talking about how he did it, it somehow went to the topic of marriage.


sarah: oooo

sarah: i tot u used ur hp to design

ianchai2: I downloaded a picture my wife sent me from her Nokia phone and then tested the result with her Nokia phone before I attempted the CFMMU one.

ianchai2: (I was making a love note picture for her originally )

ianchai2: Once I made the love note picture, I realized that I have the ability to make ANY picture that will fit in the size given!

sarah: fuiyo

sarah: so lomantic

ianchai2: So I thought it'd be nice to have a CFMMU logo picture.

ianchai2: Ya lor, I and my wife velly lomantik one what

ianchai2: People say we still pak thor even though 2 years married

ianchai2: She was feeling down last week so I thought I'd cheer her up with the custom-made picture.

ianchai2: So, once I figured it out, it was relatively easy to make other pictures.

sarah: wah

sarah: tats sweet of you :)

sarah: u're made for each other!

ianchai2: ;)

ianchai2: Actually we are not perfect. Many arguments and crying but always try to follow Bible teaching "Do not let the sun go down on your wrath"

ianchai2: Dr. James Dobson, Focus on the Family, tells us even the best marriages have arguments & fights

ianchai2: The way to have a good marriage is not that you don't have arguments and fights but HOW you deal with it

ianchai2: Forgiveness or resentment? That makes the difference

ianchai2: So the reason she sent me the picture SMS orginially was to say sorry for some hurtful things she said when she was upset.

ianchai2: Then she was sad for the things she said

ianchai2: So I made the love note picture to cheer her up

ianchai2: So: when you get married remember: what makes a good marriage is not that you never argue: but rather it is because you know how to forgive. In this particular case it was her but other times it was me. Since we have a policy to forgive each other, it works out in the end.

sarah: hehe...

sarah: :)

sarah: thanks for the advice

No comments: