Sunday, October 07, 2007

i survived my 1st week!

I take back what I wrote on Thursday. Whatever lovely images I had about working just disappeared when my boss called me late Friday afternoon and requested for a meeting! He wanted to hand over some projects because he was flying to Australia the next day for a week-long vacation. -_-

My only consolation was that he ordered pizza with one of my favourite toppings.

The meeting lasted almost till midnight. But only because I had to catch the last train back. This better be the only time I have to do this!

So the long weekend was a much needed break. After 1 week of work, I get to have a 3-day weekend! Some plans got cancelled, some new ones popped up unexpectedly. But a good breather in all.

I've started cooking a bit as well. Found the nearby coop grocery with enough choices to sustain me. Even the walk around the neighbourhood was quite pleasant. It reminded me of my 6-mth stay back in Niigata. However, this residential area has some offices built within it, some looked like fashion boutiques with un-Japanese architecture and display windows.

I even saw a quaint little sign with a cross, signifying a church. Most likely a Japanese one, since there weren't any other language on the notice boards.

My Bulgarian neighbour even said we can walk to Harajuku and Shinjuku. Yes, I'm that central. That's why the rent is relatively more expensive here. It's just minutes away by the Yamanote line to the more hip/happening/hot places in Tokyo. We also have satellite TV (Read : CNN, MTV, etc). Say goodbye to boring/silly Japanese shows. :p

No comments: