Thursday, October 04, 2007

it's thursday already!

Friday is almost here! Yup, I'm almost done with my 1st week at work. It's been quite good actually, despite the fact that I finish so late. We've been going back at 8 or 9pm on average. But that's because we start late too. The boss says it's because most clients call up around 6-ish and maybe it's to avoid the rush hour too.

I'm still trying to grasp how things work in the company. I've been in a few meetings already and feel quite useful that my ideas are being implemented. Whereas in the past company it was quite routine and it's not uncommon for the boss to steal your idea and claim it as hers!

Anyways, I get to work from home tomorrow! Going to try and see if I have the discipline to do just work within the time given and have something delivered by the weekend. And next week, I want to try with working in an earlier time frame and see whether I prefer starting work like most people or come in around 11-ish. Coming in late feels like luxury for a night-owl like me but going back late feels like you've got little time left to yourself at the end of the day.


Oh, by the way I just got my passport back today. And the visa change states that I am an "Engineer"! So far working here has been good, mainly due to my boss and colleagues. I was right when I told you guys that a pure Japanese company wouldn't work for me.


The view from my room window. The guest house borders to some offices built near the residential area. On the left is one of these, taken at 12 midnight! I bet it's a Japanese company.


And also, I just shifted in to my temporary accommodation yesterday. It's a Sakura House guest house, which means I have my own room but share the kitchen, toilet and shower with other residents in the house. It feels like a dorm and you get to meet people from everywhere coz they cater only to foreigners who are looking for short-term stays. BUT I am still looking for a better place with more privacy - please pray along with me especially if you're planning to come to Tokyo!

No comments: