Monday, October 22, 2007

wasn't that bad

I survived my 1st meeting with one of our clients this morning! I've had email contacts with them since my 1st week here, and I could only imagine how they looked. They sounded quite nice in emails, and true enough they were the same real life. The Manager, as most real managers, looked busy but stayed enough to make sure most of the important things were settled. He left halfway through the meeting and left his staff to deal with us.

Compared to emails, more things were brought up at the meeting. More than 1 week worth of emails I suppose. I'm quite happy with that, even though that meant I end up having to follow up on them. That means they're trying to make the most out of our time there, and ensure that whatever that cannot be communicated through emails get conveyed properly.

I was about done with getting our tech guys to handle the issues they brought up until my boss called me up and updated me about what to do for tomorrow's meetings. All 3 of them! 1 hour just before I officially stop working :p How exciting. And I also realised that all of these clients come from different industries - finance, food, real estate and software.

On the phone, my boss was encouraging me to come up with ideas to sell to the clients. He has all these fantastic things that he wants to be able to do for the client, and he shares them with me. It's amazing how easy it rubs off on me, and I start dreaming about those ideas as well. Even while talking, my head was forming flash animations and the possibilities that we can go with the client.

So even though it's been quite a tough journey so far, and it's a steep learning curve, but I'm learning lots.

No comments: